This kind of approach to skincare sounds right up our street
New data from beauty and wellness marketplace, Fresha, has shed light on a remarkable surge in global online searches for ‘glowy skin’.
Since the phenomenon, dubbed the ‘clean girl’ aesthetic, has captivated audiences worldwide, celebrities such as Hailey Bieber, Kylie Jenner, and Victoria Beckham have showcased a much more natural look on social media.
This was marked by a surge in TikTok content under the hashtag #cleangirl, amassing a staggering 61 million views from users in the UK and Ireland alone over the past month.
This trend, characterised by its emphasis on minimalist beauty and natural radiance, has ignited a movement centered around achieving flawless, dewy skin.
The allure of the ‘clean girl’ aesthetic is down to its simplicity, with glossy lips, fresh skin, and understated hair styles taking centre stage.
Driven by the global popularity of K-beauty, searches for ‘Korean skincare’ have surged to an all-time high, spiking by 258% over the past five years.
Social media platforms like TikTok have become hubs for beauty enthusiasts seeking tips and tutorials to achieve the coveted ‘glass skin’ look, with hashtags like
amassing billions of views.
Having glowy skin is all about getting your skin to its healthiest and this does take time, so being diligent with your skincare routine is important.
Every person’s skincare routine is different, so researching what best suits your skin is the best way to achieve the ‘glass skin’ look.
Look into including a double cleanser, essence, retinol, serum, moisturiser and sunscreen into your skin routine.
While the products our favourite celebs use can break the bank, there are some great high-street options and even specific foods can play a huge role:
- Eating more healthy fat. Upping healthy fats in your diet can help promote glowy, clear skin. Cold-water fish such as salmon or sardines are the perfect healthy fat due to their high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce inflammation, and contain antioxidant vitamin E. Avocados are also beneficial for reducing inflammation as they include oleic acid.
- Eating more fruit and vegetables. Vegetables such as carrots can help keep the skin safe from free radicals and have a high water content, which can flush out toxins and bring out a natural glow on the face. Papaya is good for skin brightening and contains an enzyme papain, which can help eliminate dark spots.
- Drinking more water. Drinking more water keeps your body hydrated and helps maintain skin elasticity.
- Hearing Aids Financing Options In 2023 – Forbes Health
- 10 Tips for Managing Small Business Finances
- Bright Health may sell its last health insurance business
- Senior health care planning is key to avoid financial ruin
- Family planning clinics risk losing federal funding by attempting to follow state abortion laws